Monday, October 10, 2011

Why I decided to get Apple Certified

For years, I have absolutely despised technical certifications as I have worked with certified professionals that only excelled at reading books and failed in application of their knowledge.  Based upon this I put off working on my Apple certification for my current job.   However, this week I decided to change my mind and obtained my certification as an Apple Certified Associated - 10.7 Lion Integration.  I know this is just an entry level certification from Apple but it is the beginning to become an Apple Certified Technician.

Not to sound cliche after the passing of Steve Jobs, but after listening to his 2005 Stanford speech several times I got motivated to learn something new to move my career forward.  I am hoping this motivation will see me through the next certification level that I hoping to achieve by the end of the year.