Thursday, February 16, 2012

30 Days Down a New Professional Road for 2012

Thirty days ago,  I took a new position within my company that moves into a completely operational role. I have been doing strictly project based work during my time here.  Within this new role I am now responsible for the following services:

  • System Center Configuration Manager
  • System Center Operations Manager
  • Windows OS/Image Management
  • Microsoft Application Virtualization
  • Citrix
  • Mobile Device Management (BlackBerry, Android & iOS)
  • Mac device management
It's exciting to get back into an operational role after many years of project work but I know it will be challenge considering that I have the following tasks ahead of me over the next several years.
  • Implementation of Citrix Virtualized Desktop 12,000 - 15,000 workstations 
  • Migration to Windows 7 for 10,000 -12,000 workstations 
  • Implementation of a formal support model for Macs
  • Continuous review of mobile device solutions
These are some daunting tasks but I am excited for this new challenge and what this new opportunity brings to me professionally.